PushPROS helps you own your own push subscriber list and maximize your revenue using tried and true messaging strategies and cutting edge technology. Learn how to set up your FCM/VAPID and transition from GCM to FCM with these set up instructions. Contact us today for an educational demo on how PushPROS can help you make more money on auto pilot.
Why do you have to setup your own FCM?
You want to setup your own FCM to be able to really own and control all of your push notification subscribers.
If you have GCM Setup, you want to migrate that over to FCM.
Before setting up your FCM, you have to setup SSL on your site.
Why is GCM being deprecated?
Google is investing in Firebase, making it their unified mobile platform. Since it was added to Firebase at Google I/O in 2016, FCM has been the recommended replacement for GCM.
How long do I have to migrate to FCM?
Google will turn off most GCM services in April 2019, so you should plan to have migrated by then.
GCM tokens will continue to work indefinitely. However, you won’t be able to target the latest version of Google Services unless you migrate to FCM.
You can read more at:
Click Here or Go To: https://pushpros.com/fcm-readmore.php
As of April 10, 2018, Google has deprecated GCM. The GCM server and client APIs are deprecated and will be removed as soon as April 11, 2019. Migrate GCM to FCM, which inherits the reliable and scalable GCM infrastructure, plus many new features. See the migration guide to learn more.
To Migrate To FCM:
Migrate GCM to FCM
Click Here or Go To: https://pushpros.com/fcm-migration.php
How To Setup FCM?
- Click Here or Go to: https://pushpros.com/fcm-setup.php
- Login using your google/gmail account.
- If you don’t have a google/gmail account. Create one and login using that.
- Click on “GO TO CONSOLE“. (See screenshot below)
- Click on “Add Project“. (See screenshot below)
- Give your project a name. Enter your Project ID. Project ID should be hyphenated. Select your region from the dropdown. Click the checkmark to accept terms. Then click on “Create Project“. (See screenshot below)
- Click “Continue“. (See screenshot below)
- Click on “Settings“. (See screenshot below)
- Click on “Project settings”. (See screenshot below)
- Click “Edit” (The pencil icon) on “Public-facing name” and change it your project’s public facing name. It could be identical to your project name. Then click on “Save“. (See screenshots below)
- Click on “Cloud Messaging“. (See screenshot below)
- Copy “Server key“. (See screenshot below)
- Copy “Sender ID“. (See screenshot below)
- Provide the “Server key” & “Sender ID” to your push service provider. For those of you that work with PushPros.com, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact PushPROS today for a demo on how we can help you make more money on auto pilot with our proven messaging strategies and cutting edge technology. Our desire is that our clients own and control their own push subscriber lists through proper FCM, VAPID & GCM set up and trust PushPROS to maximize the very powerful revenue stream of Push Notifications.
3 Simple Steps:
- Setup SSL.
- If you’re on GCM, migrate over to FCM.
- If you don’t have FCM, setup FCM following the instructions above.